Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Say What?!!

This just in..
The video for Prince's song "Cinnamon Girl" doesn't premiere until next week, but it's already causing quite a stir. The clip, directed by video vet Phil Harder, features "Whale Rider" star Keisha Castle-Hughes as an Arab-American girl who is fed up with the anti-Arab sentiments she encounters in everyday life. The video concludes with Castle-Hughes' character fantasizing about exploding a bomb in an airport as a result of her frustrations. ...

Um.... gee... thanks Prince! Yes, Arab-Americans are having a rough time these days but I'm sure blowing up an airport isn't quite what they have in mind to make things better.

6 comments:

  1. YAY!!! just what i needed..airport security is going to have a ball with this one...maybe i will need two books this time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cracked me up... it's like zaad ill 6een bala or however that saying goes.

    Maybe I just have a weird sense of humor?

    Just the same, looking forward to seeing the music video.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually the song is kind of lame, sub-par Prince. I was hoping it would be a cover of the old Neil Young/Buffalo Springfield song. That one rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who cares about the song? I just wanna see the music video :P ... even though that australian kid annoys the hell out of me.

    I was more of an M.J. fan before he turned pedo. Never got into Prince.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Prince, and I'm a huge fan. How come MTV said it would premiere next week? I'll give it a spin now. Thanks HWKW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ramadan Kareem to all.....
    Many of the issues/problems/ anecdotes related on this blog are similar to what I have daily encountered in my homeland Libya...Guess we are all the same. Thanks Zaydoun for a really interesting blog to say the least.
    This is my email, I wish you would get in contact with me - regardless of my taste in rock music- as obviously I am unable to. If anyone else wants to write feel free. :)
    frommyrock@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Keep it clean, people!