Friday, March 21, 2003

THIS JUST IN: I just received an email from Direct Line, a leftist organization in Beirut, Lebanon. I have no idea how I got on their mailing list, and neither do they, I suppose, or they wouldn't be so stupid as to invite me to an anti-war demonstration tomorrow...... at the Kuwaiti Embassy!!!! The misguided fools! It's titled "No War No Dictatorships" (I know!) Shouldn't they be protesting at the Iraqi Embassy if they are anti-dictatorships?! 24 million Iraqis are waiting to be rid of this brutal regime, and all they can think of is the "evil USA". OK, so the USA's motives here are shaky and war is indeed the last thing anyone wanted - YES EVEN IN KUWAIT! - but come on.... wake up! I've always considered myself somewhat center-left but this is too much...I sincerely hope they see the error of their ways... This is a terrific article on how the traditional Left has let down the Iraqi people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, people!