Friday, March 21, 2003

Yesterday was a bit hairy... Thursday is my day off so I stayed home to watch the war on TV. After a while, I distracted myself by heading down to NBK where I used to work until recently, to finish some paperwork. It was strangely reassuring yet unsettling to see former colleagues going about their daily business. But that calm was shattered when suddenly the sirens went off and the in-house PA came on to instruct us to move down to the basement. Reason? A few SCUDs were fired into northern Kuwait but were intercepted by US Patriots. We stayed for 15 minutes and then I dashed home.

What happened to "Operation Shock and Awe"? Folks, yesteday I was neither shocked nor awed. "Shock and Bore" was more like it... ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, people!