Wednesday, April 23, 2003

Alright so where the $@#% are they?! You know damn well who/what I'm talking about... Saddam, his sons, the WMDs, our POWs, the chemical weapons, the "smoking gun", oh and lets throw in Osama Bin Laden and Mullah Omar into the mix while we're at it.

It's just a matter of time before the Bush administration gets bored with the search and starts to downplay the importance of crossing out each item on the "shopping list" I just made. This morning, driving into work, I heard the ambassador to the UN, John Negroponte, say that UN weapons inspectors "won't be needed"!!

Now correct me if I'm wrong - and I'm sure you will - but if I was trying to convice the world that there were WMDs and chemical weapons all over Iraq, wouldn't I make sure the the UN inspectors are given unfettered access to find them? The Bush administration spent months accusing Saddam of not cooperating with the inspectors, which I'm sure he wasn't. Now that he's gone (or is he?) why not let the inspectors back in?

This man says that Iraq destroyed all its weapons before the war started and that some were smuggled into Syria during the 1990's. But are we supposed to just take his word? Let the UN inspectors back in to confirm it!!

PS: If you're going to start attacking the UN in your comments, please don't. That would be too predictable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, people!