Wednesday, March 31, 2004

A literary event

And trust me, there ain't too many of those around here! I was honored to be invited to a book launch reception for our very own Dalaa Al-Mufti (aka Dalaa Al-Sultan). She has just published her first novel titled "Hunna... Lasna Anti" or "They.. Are Not You", and the reception was held at the wonderful Qurtas Bookstore right in the middle of the old souk in downtown Kuwait City. The setting was great, and the turnout was just as good. We all got autographed copies of the book.



I will read the novel as soon as I can (hopefully this weekend!), it is supposed to be a "roman a clef", a work of fiction rooted in reality, so it has to be a great read! I urge you all (well, those of you who can read Arabic!) to buy this book now and lend your support to a burgeoning talent!

Well done Dalaa! Woo hoo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, people!