Monday, July 12, 2004

I Love a Good Fight!



I love a good fight as much as the next guy, but I'm appalled at this disgusting show of tribalism at its worst. This fight broke out last night between 2 rival factions (i.e. tribes) at the general assembly of Jahra Sports Club.



Several people were injured and reports say that the fight went on, despite police intervention, for over half an hour!! I think the novelty and excitement would've worn off after 5 minutes!

But I suppose this is what you get when tribalism is so entrenched in Kuwaiti society.. AND IT AIN'T GETTING BETTER ANYTIME SOON!!

For the full monty, Al-Qabas has 2-page "pictorial" on pages 42-43

8 comments:

  1. cool u put it. i was gonna ask u if u had seen the arab times today cuz they had it on the front page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can you respect a police force that can not handle a sport's club General Assembly brawl, or an arrival of a celebrity in the airport (we all remember the Bashar incident when the passive police allowed the 10,000+ fans to knock down barricades causing one big stampede)
    It doesn't personally make me feel safe that these are the same people guarding our children and homes, nor does it justify the new Porsche/Cayenne police vehicles the ministry of interior has commissioned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Porsche Cayenne police cars??!! Are they fucking nuts?! I wonder whose pockets were lined by that deal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Porsche Cayene police cars?!??!?!?! FOR COPS???????!!!!

    I love this country :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'll all see the police luxury SUV shortly.

    but back to the subject, where are our Special Forces? Don't they spend millions on their equipment and training? or are they only good for repelling down Kuwait Towers or parading on liberation day?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dont know about you guys . But I love that Tai Chi/ Kung fu move the bearded guy is doing, he is blocking the cop without even looking! Good show . I heard Nadi al fatat had something similar - not a cat fight though :|

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think they need to let them fight, thats better, it gets them relaxed, too much talking does not help. As for the police, laurel and hardy types cannot do much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Keystone Cops" is more like it..

    ReplyDelete

Keep it clean, people!