Saturday, August 07, 2004

Playlist August 7-13

  1. Delays - Faded Seaside Glamour: Sixties influenced pop magic by this band from Southampton (England, not Long Island!). The lead singer's falsetto vocals are unbelievable. Almost "otherworldly".
  2. Bruce Springsteen - The Rising: A heartfelt opinion column by "The Boss" prompted me to fish out this awesome 2002 release and play it again in the car. LOUDLY! Especially moving are his tributes to New York City in the wake of the September 11 attacks, "My City of Ruins" and "You're Missing".
  3. Various Classics on the iPod: I don't know if my iPod was gauging my mood or not, but I was driving back from the beach and had it playing on random and ended up hearing classic rock tracks from Led Zeppelin, the Rolling Stones and Cream. Rock on!!

13 comments:

  1. Hmm... I do like falsettos, but then they're only as good as the songs themselves.

    The Darkness were a light diversion last year and the joke wore off after a few spins. Hopefully they will have used the money to fix their teeth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cici... I already linked to the article, but on another site, on the posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is wrong with the darkness??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a huge fan of Nina Persson, and I'm one of the few people who loved the last Cardigans album... I'll go get A Camp ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Verve were amazing, "Bittersweet Symphony" has to be one of the greatest songs of all time. I liked Ashcroft's first solo album, but the second one was a bit too whiny and maudlin for my taste..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kind of off-topic a bit, but zaydoun do you have an ipod? and if so what model is it? and I seem to have lost my CD with the software and I would like to know where I can download it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not off-topic at all.. I just mentioned my iPod in the post, didnt I? :-)

    Anyway, mine is the 40 Gb model of whatever version was out in December 2003. I'll leave the tech specs to the geeks... Mark, you there? :-P

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the 15GB model also from last year ;r one that was out a bit before september 2003, and I was wondering where I can get the software that was available on the CD ? :r

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh right.. sorry... you can download it from www.apple.com/itunes. Should work

    ReplyDelete
  10. They do not suck, they are different. They should not be compared to classic artists. One can judge after two or three albums if they suck or not.

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Settle Down" by the Unbelievable Truth. GOOSEBUMPS!!

    I'm so glad my music playlists are finally generating some discussion on the blog. As you can tell, my tastes are varied and run from the obscure to the trendy to the shamelessly mainstream and a few guilty pleasures.. like Britney Spears's "Toxic"! Yes, I admit I like it a lot. So there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Actually.. don't hate me. But I only really liked "Settle Down"... Playing it now as I post this!

    ReplyDelete

Keep it clean, people!