Monday, September 13, 2004

That Was Fast!

I can't believe my vacation is over!! :"-(

I spent an entire week with no Internet connection, and let me tell you I highly recommend it! It was a fun vacation with lots of beach and sunshine in temperatures suitable for human consumption, so believe me when I say that going online was the last thing on my mind. I stashed my laptop in my hotel room's closet and never looked at it until last Thursday when I got to Beirut. There's lots to say about Beirut beyond the usual stuff you hear from the average Kuwaiti visitor, so the next few posts will be dedicated to that.

I also avoided all TV and printed news while I was away, except for one stray moment when I switched on CNN just in time for news of the school massacre in Chechnya. I just went numb when I saw that. It shook me even more than September 11. If this bloody tragedy doesn't make Muslims around the world rise up and take back Islam from the hands of extremists, then nothing will, and you can bet that this once great religion is doomed forever.

I then read something that stuck in my head: "Certainly not all Muslims are terrorists, but it seems that all terrorists these days are Muslims"

Chew on that, people!

7 comments:

  1. You are the last blogger to be X'd

    NO more Xs....for now

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am greatly honored (I think)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I then read something that stuck in my head: "Certainly not all Muslims are terrorists, but it seems that all terrorists these days are Muslims"

    What does that say about the rest of the world?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know... What do YOU think it says?

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey bud nice having you back.. I am eager to hear about the vacation.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it clean, people!