Saturday, October 16, 2004

Playlist October 16-22

You thought the playlist would take a break for Ramadan? No way!
  1. Common People - William Shatner & Joe Jackson: I swear this choice wasn't inspired by the "commoner" flap of last week. 71 year old William Shatner (Star Trek's Captain Kirk) has recorded a spoken word album (not his first) with a variety of collaborators. His version of Pulp's "Common People" has to be heard to be believed!
  2. Fall To Pieces - Velvet Revolver: I can't tell you how much I love this song. A rock classic in the making.
  3. The Love of Richard Nixon - Manic Street Preachers: The Manics tend to get too preachy with their politics, but who cares when it sounds this good?
  4. فضل شاكر - لو على قلبي: What a great melody. Perfect for sunny afternoons.
  5. Who Are You? - The Who: Although I hear this song every week with the opening credits of C.S.I. , I haven't heard the full version in ages. It's still as amazing as I remember it from my childhood.

6 comments:

  1. يا ستي يا ختيارة من غناء الفنانة طروب، ولا أعلم إن كان شاليه "طروب" مسمى عليها أم لا

    لا أدري وين تحصل على نسخة واضحة من ليش يا جارة، بس جرب موقع
    www.iraq4u.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. لم أسمع هذه الأغنية بعد، ويمكن قصده يختي من كلمة يخت في نادي اليخوت

    وبعدين أرجوك لا تغلط على الروضة

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw them on Jay Leno last night. Scott Weiland looked so thin, but that's what heroin does I suppose. I get chills from Slash's guitar. STP meets Guns & Roses, can't go wrong with that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read somewhere in the summer that their live shows were less than inspiring, and it was mostly due to Scott being strung out on heroin. What a waste of talent. Aren't "Plush" and "Interstate Lovesong" some of the best rock songs of the 90's? Sigh..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those Priceline.com ads were so funny

    ReplyDelete
  6. As no one has mentioned the Who in their comments yet, I guess I am the one who will, since I am one of the few ancient rock and roll fans. Good choice.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it clean, people!