Thursday, April 14, 2005

Playlist April 14-20

Well someone was in a hurry for this week's playlist, so here it is earlier than usual... but still on a Thursday ;-)

  1. The Wailin' Jennys - Arlington: One of the most beautiful and haunting songs I've heard in a long time.
  2. Doves - Almost Forgot Myself: Amazing song from one of my favorite English bands, off their new album "Some Cities".
  3. Nikka Costa - Till I Get To You: The sexy funky rock chick is back with a hot slice of rock 'n soul. Watch her make love to the mic stand like nobody else!
  4. Wire Daisies - Everyman: A group from Cornwall, England with lush melodies and perfect production. I obviously have a weak spot for melodic English bands.
  5. Blondie - Hangin' On The Telephone: This week's classic rock pick is actually a punk/new wave classic from 1978, led by the sublime sex goddess Debbie Harry.

9 comments:

  1. Dear Zaydoun,

    Thanks for the playlist. I like Arlington...your right haunting.

    Yours Truly,

    Misguided 7ameth 7eloo el-blogawy bin 3enternet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaah! Its always great to hear from other Debbie Harry fans. I?m not sure who said so, but when Madonna emerged two decades ago, someone said that DH actually does what M thinks she?s doin?!

    It took New Jersey ? and the Playboy club ? to bring the sex kitten out of this Floridian- who can believe that she's 60 ; -)

    I don?t know, just the old man inside me speaking ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Southsider.. I am shocked and dismayed that "Hangin' on the Telephone" is not a Blondie original. All those years I grew up thinking it was their best ever!

    Shokouko... Abu Hafs's blog isn't accessible through Blogger.. I suspect he's plotting a comeback. As for Q8TKV.. I can see his blog but I can't get to the comments.. Maybe a bug in his source code

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am I losing touch with the world? I didn't know Ms. Costa's back!

    Nazzal,
    What's up with you and 3aitha? & where can I find his song?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shurouq.. that's why the weekly playlist is a public service.. Now you know Ms. Costa is back ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. مرحبا زيدون آسف على الخروج عن موضوعك. أردت أن أسأل إن كنت تعرف ماذا حدث لمدونة أبي حفص الدوكي؟
    بس

    ReplyDelete
  7. أهلاً يا عمر.... ليس لدي أدنى فكرة ماذا حدث لأبو حفص، أرجو أن يكون بخير

    ReplyDelete
  8. voice of reason..

    شفت النقاش وبصراحة ما لي خلق عوار راس

    But you go get 'em!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. rababski... more details please. Where and when?

    ReplyDelete

Keep it clean, people!