Wednesday, April 20, 2005

TV on DVD

Is it me or are Kuwaitis not buying or borrowing movies on DVD anymore? It seems we're not satisfied with anything less than a marathon of the latest TV hits on DVD.. Some people download them - illegally - off the Internet, and others will buy just about any damn TV show that's out there, good or bad.. (you know who you are!)

I personally think one of the reasons is the vast improvement in the quality of TV programming from America today. Yes, many of us are guilty of spending days watching back-to-back episodes of 24, Friends, The Sopranos, Alias, Nip/Tuck, Sex and the City, The West Wing, and so much more... I even insisted on buying the first "Seinfeld" box set the day it was released, even though I've seen them in reruns countless times. Now I'm waiting for "Desperate Housewives" to come out..



I also eagerly await DVD box sets of:
  1. درب الزلق
  2. درس خصوصي
  3. خرج ولم يعد
  4. رقية وسبيكة
  5. هو وهي
  6. ليالي الحلمية
  7. ثلاثية نجيب محفوظ
  8. لن أعيش في جلباب أبي

What else?

14 comments:

  1. أنا أبي مسرحيات
    1). ضحية بيت العز
    2). بيت بو صالح
    3). على هامان يا فرعون

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you were going to say that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bu Zee:
    أذا حصّلت
    Desperate Housewives
    ترا أبي أشوفه

    ReplyDelete
  4. Series: Will & Grace, Roswell, 24, Friends, ER, American Chopper, Biker Build off, Mad about you (discontinued.) , Sopranos, Sex and the city, six feet under, Seinfeld, Absolutely fabulous.. and counting..

    Movies: only ?Ray? I bought this year..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucrezia.. Your namesake was definitely Italian. I see you still didn't get my joke

    ReplyDelete
  6. Was the third part of Mahfooth's triology (Al-Sukaria)ever made? I thought they stopped after Qasir el Shouq because the director (Marzooq?)died. Clues anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoy watching thes following with my father: The Law & Order group of series, Poirot, Sherlock Holmes (Jeremy Brett) and Seinfeld (although I have the entire show on tape). I usually borrow the CSI franchise, Monk, 24 and the rest. For nostalgia, I also have ?I Love Lucy?, ?Columbo? plus many others I don?t remember.

    The Kuwaiti shows and plays, I have those and the plays on tape, along with some old 3eed el-Watani concerts with Shadi el_Khaleej and Sana?a el-7?rraz, as I mentioned before I intend to digitize them and create my own DVD sets, once I have the time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definatly the following:

    Bevis & Buthead
    King of the Hill
    Frasier
    Sienfeld
    M.A.S.H.
    and the almighty and undeniable: Benny Hill

    ReplyDelete
  9. Guilty as charged on two accounts: SATC and Will & Grace. Still a big movies fan though. I buy more of those than TV shows, so far.

    I have Darb Elzalag and Dars 5e9o9i on cds, courtsey of my brother. A special kind of pleasure when spending a year away from home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Desperate fan of the housewives!! despised it at first, addicted to it like a leech on a tree right now, the scandals of wisteria lane oh my!

    PLUS

    u all gotta get this Brit stand up comedy called 'Little Bitain', takes a couple of episodes gettin into, but haven't laughed so hard in A LONG TIME!! plus all the episodes are available on kazaa:P especially watch the 'Comic Relief' special episode of Little Britain, pee-in-ur-pants funny

    CHEERS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Emirienne... "Little Britain" is the funniest thing I've seen in ages.. My favorite character is Vicky Pollard

    ReplyDelete
  12. "OH MY GO YOU DID NOT JUST SAY THAT! SHU'UP!!" lolllllllllll...

    But Sebastian's my fave..."Wha'eveeeeeeerrrrrrrrr"

    its so funny how we refer to each of the characters seperately when its actually ONLY 2 ppl (guys no less) doin the show!

    fab stuff this is, def chk out the comic relief special, its really the best episode I've seen of them, and lemme knw wha u think;)

    cheers Z

    ReplyDelete

Keep it clean, people!