Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Kingdom of Heaven

I honestly didn't think the film Kingdom of Heaven would make it to Kuwait's cinema screens... but what do I know?

It seems that director Ridley Scott has created a "a complex modern morality play, its dialogue dominated by high-minded talk of God, redemption, sin and punishment"... and yet it has still managed to get some flak from religious extremists on both sides - Muslim and Christian - each denouncing the film as not hard enough on the other side. Go figure!

Scott has also gone out of his way to present a film that, in essence, calls for religious tolerance... Yeah that'll go down well both here and in the Bible Belt. Expect some criticism from our local holier-than-thou figures. Or better yet, hurry and go see it ASAP before it gets yanked off the screens. Remember KNCC has a glorious history of buckling under pressure from religious extremists ;-)

Read this for more on the movie...

4 comments:

  1. I love movies that cover issues about GOD and spirituality in general ,, i would love to see the movie ,, and no it i`ll never reach Kuwait's Stupied Cinemas ,, are u serious ?? I would only go to Kuwaiti cinemas if what im about to watch is a cartoon or something thats diseny related ,, reason ??

    1- i hate it when they cut stuff out of the picture! i mean hey ! just dont let under age fools go to the damn movie!

    2- i hate it when a hot girl is nearly doing a nearly hot move and the guys go " OHHHHHHH AHHHHHHH " SCREAMING.

    3- whats up with the all the clapping when something amazing happens ?? GO DIE !

    LooL i didnt mean that ,, im harmless

    ReplyDelete
  2. HWKW... sometimes when a subject receives wall-to-wall coverage, I feel I don't have much to add... Hence the lack of post on women's suffrage.. although I did have a snarky remark about it in yesterday's dusty post.

    Your KNCC analysis cracked me up though..

    ReplyDelete
  3. i tried time and time again to go to kncc , it suck , pure and simple , the people there aren't going for the movie , they are either yegezing or wasting time going to a movie that they wouldn't understand

    i'll stick to dvd thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually this area is sort of the beginning of the bible belt(my small city is unoffically known as the city of churches) so I'll add my .02?....the only complaints I've heard are coming from Professor's of some of the local colleges about the historical inaccuracies of the film.Like most films made they take alot of liberties they say.I haven't seen it yet but am anxious to hear the reviews.I hate paying to see bad films!

    ReplyDelete

Keep it clean, people!