Thursday, May 19, 2005

Playlist May 19 - 25

An old master returns to form and more in this week's playlist..
  1. Stevie Wonder - So What The Fuss: Tight and funky, the legend returns to his 1970's glory after the downward spiral marked by the 9/11 of his career "I Just Called To Say I Love You" (ugh!)
  2. Spoon - I Turn My Camera On: A slinky sexy rock track, perfect for pouty models.
  3. Juliet - Avalon: No idea who this chick is, but what a great summer dance anthem! Recommended by Mo, my pizza & burger buddy.
  4. Weezer - Beverly Hills: So different than what we're used to from Weezer, but I like it.
  5. The Coral - In The Morning: Sunny and bright, I imagine this is perfect to hear at breakfast on a terrace overlooking the sea. Or driving to work.

This week's classic pick is Eric Clapton's The Core, 8 minutes of pure rock bliss. Can anyone recognize the female co-vocalist?

Finally, a big "get well soon" to Kylie Minogue who has just started treatment for breast cancer.

15 comments:

  1. Tata.. I thought for sure you'd like the Spoon track

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad about Kylie :((
    I didn't know.
    Have a great weekend Z!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard Stevie Wonder's before!
    I like it :)

    Thank you, Zaydoun

    والله يشافي كايلي.. ما تستاهل :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shurouq.. it's brand spankin' new. You can always count on Kuwait Unplugged for the latest and greatest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This just in from my sister.. Stevie Wonder's new single features Prince on guitar and En Vogue on backing vocals!

    Hot damn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zaydoun,
    Tara you're bragging.. and my playlist beats yours :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Purg... Marcy Levy is correct and I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you looked it up in your Clapton liner notes instead of Googling her.

    BUT.. can you tell me what else she did? And in what band?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I knew that would be your next question, so not sure how much information you want but here goes from my rusty memory bank

    1) Bob segar band (that is where she started)

    2) Help Me, with with one of the Gibbs

    Maybe the most recently known would be the band Shakespeare's Sister, with the bananarama lady, Siobahn Fahy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bingo! Well done!

    I remember when Shakespear's Sister first came out, I thought "damn it I recognize that voice anywhere"

    ReplyDelete
  10. See this time I actually read the post, improving ha?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Does anybody know what happened to Kwtia? She stopped posting for a while, and now her blog seems to have been deleted.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh nevermind. . . blogger.com was acting up. .

    ReplyDelete
  13. iFqAyRA kYLIE MA TCHOOF SHAR INSHALLA ,,

    anyway i can not realte to any of your songs couz i dont know them except for Stevie's Track ,,

    ReplyDelete
  14. BB... If you don't know the songs, you can click on the links to hear them :-)

    ReplyDelete

Keep it clean, people!