Wednesday, June 08, 2005

WTF?!

I found this today on The Onion:

Kuwait Starting To Notice Girls
KUWAIT CITY?In light of the country's recent decision to allow women to vote and hold public office, observers around the world have noted that Kuwait appears to have discovered the fairer sex. "The boys in Kuwait are really taking notice of how much the girls have changed over the country's long political winter," said Fouad Ajami, an expert in Arab affairs. "They're no longer shyly avoiding women they're not related to or clumsily shooting them for not wearing veils in public." Ajami added that he was not entirely surprised by Kuwait's discovery, given its long history of teasing women, calling them names, and stoning them to death for being unclean.


Now this would normally be the usual warped humor of The Onion, except that Fouad Ajami is a real person!!

10 comments:

  1. is it 3ajmee or 3ajami :)? yemken wa7ed masree

    ReplyDelete
  2. not the first time they use a real name in fake news ;p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh come on.. It's funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know it's funny... but I never liked Ajami, so I just wondered

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is 3Ajami. He is Lebanese.

    And this is the problem. Americans always doing the same mistake, taking thier information from loosers.

    ReplyDelete

  6. Fouad Ajami

    Article about Fouad Ajami


    I know its fake, but it reminded me of the fact that if it weren?t for the Lebanese Kuwaiti women would have never gotten their political rights!

    I think we as Kuwaitis should thank Lebanon for giving us Roula Dashti!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Roula Dashti is Kuwaiti, her mother is Lebanese and she grew up there.. hence her accent.

    ReplyDelete
  8. mushmushi... he just gets on my nerves. And please don't tell me he stood by us during the invasion. I know he did, he still annoys me

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mushmushi

    If you?re curious as to whether or not I was being sarcastic or not read
    This.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brian... It's the Onion, so take it with a ton of salt. But the answer is definitely NO. But our neighbors to the south (Saudi) have been known to assault insufficiently covered females in public

    ReplyDelete

Keep it clean, people!