- Lily Allen - Smile: Lilting reggae beats with London cockney rhymes and a pretty voice. A surefire summer smash.
- Guillemots - Made-Up Love Song #43: Too weird to describe, but lovely nonetheless (thanks Maha)
- Keisha White - Don't Mistake Me: Hailed as the saviour of British R&B, and damn the girl is good!
- Paolo Nutini - Last Request: Italian-Scottish singing sensation with a nice track. He deserves better, otherwise he's in danger of becoming the new James Blunt (God forbid!)
- Novastar - Wrong: A lament for a relationship gone wrong on a trip to Miami. I guess Miami does that to people!
- The Long Blondes - Fulwood Babylon: New-wave 80's sound from this sexy female band. This is actually an extra track on their new single "Weekend Without Makeup" but I like it better.
- Pet Shop Boys - Numb: This was played on British TV to accompany England's exit from the World Cup. Very fitting and suitably overwrought.
- Bob Sinclar - World Hold On: I'm recommending this only in the hope that "Love Generation" will stop being played everywhere, otherwise it's an inferior version.
This week's classic is The Style Council's Long Hot Summer... a soothing tune that goes down like a tall cool glass of [insert favorite beverage here]
And a bonus classic this week, dedicated to our brothers and sisters in Lebanon