- Scissor Sisters - I Don't Feel Like Dancin': Take a few guilty pleasure hits from the 70's and blend them together to get a camp masterpiece of the highest order. A welcome return and an instant classic!
- Beyonce - Deja Vu: Why this funky song didn't take over the summer airwaves like "Crazy In Love" is beyond me. Meanwhile... Beyonce, Freedom Fighter?!
- Jamelia - Something About You: Her first decent song since the fantastic "Superstar", with more of a pop/rock sound.
- The Feeling - Never Be Lonely: More 70's sounds, like a cross between ABBA and Supertramp... or something.
- Same Man - DJ Delicious & Till West: Totally mindless dance track with requisite trashy video.
- Mousse T vs. Dandy Warhols - Horny Like A Dandy: A mash-up of Mousse T's dance hit "Horny" with "Bohemian Like You". Genius!
- James Morrison - You Give Me Something: One of those sunny ballads that are made for summer. Great voice too, let's hope he doesn't pull a Blunt and go dull!
- Matt Willis - Hey Kid: Rocking chorus reminiscent of Def Leppard.
- Nelly Furtado - All Good Things (Come To An End): Yeah, like my vacation! For those of you still unsettled by her sexed-up makeover, this gorgeous song co-written by Coldplay's Chris Martin should put you at ease. It was supposed to be a duet but for some reason, Martin's vocals were taken off at the last minute.
Thursday, August 31, 2006
Playlist August 31 - September 6
This week's playlist is made up mostly of tracks that caught my attention while I was on vacation. Thanks to YouTube, you can click on the links and watch the videos.