Tuesday, March 25, 2003

I've been listening to Bruce Springsteen's The Rising CD all day. Now I know he wrote it to deal with the horrors of Sept. 11 and I also know that he's taken a principled stand against this war, yet some of the songs have a strange resonance in this time of crisis. The ones that resonate the most are the title track "The Rising", My City of Ruins, You're Missing and to some extent Into the Fire. Hopefully, Baghdad will rise once again when the tyrant is driven out.

Did he win any Grammys this year? (Springsteen, not Saddam!) I honestly can't remember. I hate the Grammys, they always go to the wrong people. I remember a long time ago, Little Richard was a presenter at the Grammys and he goes: "And the Grammy goes to..... ME!..... That's right!..... Y'ALL AIN'T NEVER GAVE ME NO GRAMMY!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, people!