Tuesday, March 25, 2003

Just when I begin to have my doubts about this war and its objectives, when I see that's not the walk in the park it was supposed to be, when I read about the nefarious practises by sniveling creeps like Richard Perle (I just can't stand the guy!) who drove the case for war.. I come across impassioned pleas for this war to continue by Kanaan Makiya, one of Iraq's leading and most outspoken opposition figures. I linked to him a few day ago, thinking he had a proper blog but it's actually a sporadic diary on the The New Republic website.

It makes for moving reading, especially as he tries to shed light on the growing chasm in perception of this war inside Iraq and outside. It's not all wine and roses, however, as Makiya worries about plans for democratization. Read it... That's an order!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, people!