Monday, May 17, 2004

The Genius of MadM2000

By now most of you are familiar with underground cartoonist MadM2000 and his outrageous, totally subversive work. I first became familiar with him through his parodies of Kuwait's popular hangouts Nino and TGIF, he then moved on to skewering Villa Moda and its customers and after that nobody was safe from his scathing cartoons and caricatures. As his cartoons become increasingly political, he has taken on a voice of hysterically funny indignation at some of the more absurd events on the Kuwaiti political landscape, especially the weekly outrages imposed on us by fundamentalist Islamist lunatics/criminals.

But all throughout his career, his identity has been known only to his immediate circle. Maybe I'm a bit behind but I still don't know who he is, and I don't really care as long as he keeps us laughing.

I've recently joined his mailing list, and now I regularly receive his hysterical cartoons as soon as he puts them out, including this one here. I urge you all to do the same by signing up to any of the following groups:
http://groups.msn.com/madm2000
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/madm2000




He says he'll be at the rally tomorrow at 6 pm. I hope I can spot him because I want to collaborate with him on a project.. a guidebook for anyone wanting to start a small business in Kuwait. I have just TODAY obtained a commercial license that I applied for in August 2003, after suffering untold humiliations and outrageous demands by government bureacrats. I've decided to catalogue these abuses in an illustrated guidebook and I think MadM2000 is the best man for the job.

What do you think? Post your comments below.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Zaidoun. (Is that realy your name? Funky!) Anyway, I wanted to tell you your idea about creating a business establishment guide is a cool idea. But please, although I enjoy a weekly cup of ripping cynisism, can you please make it a real guide and not a "everbody in kuwait sucks" slogan? I realy wanna know what I would have to go through, humiliation and real actual rules. (Although you would probably say humilation is THEEEEE rule) Hun, you're way too pissed off! Anyway, thats your prerogative, just wanted to tell you, your idea is cool, and I would definitely wanna get a hold of it....IN ENGLISH PLEASE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anon... It will have to be in Arabic, and no it won't be too negative, since I'm not out for revenge or anything like that. It'll just be humorous and useful at the same time, and should save people time, effort and heartache!

    ReplyDelete

Keep it clean, people!