Sunday, June 27, 2004

More from New York - The Feedback!

What have I started here?! How did a crack about sending my resume result in a "discourse" about Islam, the Al-Sabahs, Saudis..etc.?!

Anyway, I loved how "NYC Guy" and "Ibn" - which could easily be "Ibn Laden", by the way - basically analyzed my character and background. Well you got a lot of it right and a lot wrong. And no, I have NEVER worked in a government job, and wouldn't be caught dead working there. In fact, you can go back to some older posts and read about my tangles with government bureaucrats and you'll get an idea of what I think of them.. I've spent my career in banking and now in an investment company, mainly as a marketing manager.

The course at NYU was just a 2-week management course. It was an excellent program and we benefited from a different lecturer every day. I was sent on this course by the company I work for as part of my career development and training, and also as a reward for all my hard work since I joined them last year... As for Soho House, I went with a friend of mine who is a member. So there!

I'm only half joking when I say I want to live in NYC, and yet I realize how tough it can be as compared to the cushy existence we have in Kuwait; of course it's not all "Friends" or Soho House all the time!! Yet of all the cities in the world, New York makes me come alive like nowhere else and I've been smitten by it for too long so maybe it's time I "proposed" and just moved there to be near it and part of it.... I also don't want to continue doing what I am doing now - I mean how many more investment marketing guys does NYC need?! - I want to do something different with my life before it's too late since I'm not getting any younger, but I have yet to figure out what exactly I want to do.. I'm intrigued by working for the news bureaus, and maybe I'll give it a shot. God knows they can use someone like me!

And yo, NYC Guy! Who's our mutual contact in Kuwait? I have no idea who you're talking about!

I don't know if I will "burn in hell" for this or not.. but I also got to see Madonna in concert while I was in NYC! :-P

7 comments:

  1. Hmm, he thinks I am a terrorist. Not so. I was only disappointed with the turn of events on the last comment section when it was literally hijacked from talking about what he said and speculating on how he could stay here. I like this blog and the colors are cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. right.. you commenters have to stop turning this into a wrestling match.. lets see some interesting thought here or this blog will simply turn into another casualty on the information highway!

    i come in peace...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zaydoun,
    I apologize for shortly stealing the spotlight. I just HAD to answer! (I'm sure u understand)
    Although I don't agree with your liberal thoughts, but this is your blog to shine :-)

    Sorry,
    Your fellow Kuwaiti in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Zaydoun, why doesn't Kuwait support the "occupation" more publically? Why doesn't your government support the nation that saved it from Saddam?

    - Suthern

    ReplyDelete
  6. Regarding that mutual contact that NYC guy brought up, I think he was too quick on the gun and assumed a little too much. I was making guesses on what I had read of his earlier posts. I remeber recently he talked about the women and their (now) constitutional rights. And later he wrote on the rights and freedoms to not do as the religion requires (or something like this).

    Nevertheless, I am pleased that we have at least one voice to hear coming out of Kuwait. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Keep it clean, people!