Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Aah.. Sweet New York

I know, it's getting boring, all this gushing about New York.. but I can't help it! I'll try to cut it down to a minimum..

Anyway, I found this surprisingly sweet article in the travel section of today's Al-Qabas about New York, describing it as the most dynamic city in the world (I'll vouch for that!), and all about how it was so crime-ridden in the 70's and 80's and how nice it is now.

It also describes how after September 11 it became an even more hospitable city, in contrast with the other unaffected American cities, and then goes on to the usual NYC charms, repeated ad nauseam in every travel magazine, all of which just happens to be so true.... SIGH!

The best surprise was its mention of Corner Bistro - a place I think only a handful of Kuwaitis would like, and I'm one of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, people!