Friday, July 16, 2004

House-sitting for Martha

Martha Stewart got a five months prison term today, for lying about her sale of ImClone stock.

My question is: Will her prison term begin right away or will it start after the end of the summer social season in the Hamptons? I'll gladly look after her big house while she's away!!

I didn't mention this in my postings from New York, but I was fortunate to spend a weekend in East Hampton with some friends who have a summer share (a concept I never understood until I went). I was amazed by the sheer beauty of the place; so green, so lush... and so expensive!! All those incredible houses - including Martha's - on the beach. I liked Sag Harbour too!

3 comments:

  1. Getting back to NY, I had this issue bottled up for a long time and didn't have the chance to post it. Everyone must have notices the bus drivers that we have in this humble country (not to mention girls especially "mit7ajbat" i.e. veiled) they drive with total disregard to the environment around them!
    In NYC, it's against the law for a bus driver to stop anywhere to load and unload passengers as he pleases! If you're on a bus in Manhattan and the traffic jam is horrible, you're basicly stuck, you can see your destination sparkling in your eyes, so close you could smell it, you're so so so late for an important appointment, even if you plead to the driver and ask for his permission to leave the bus he won't do it. He'll simply look straight and asks you with his deep, slow voice to "kindly wait for the next bus stop". I know it sounds frustrating to the passenger but what are the overall benefits? First it prevents random stops which could cause fatal accidents, and second it gives bus stops a function! I have come across some rash bus drivers. They don?t observe traffic rules and go to any lengths to overtake vehicles. Every "exotic" driver thinks he's driving in his own country, confidently puffs his cigarette and squinches his face when you horn or stare at him as if he did nothing wrong! These drivers should be trained thoroughly as bus drivers not rally drivers for they think they are. Our whole traffic system is flunking, badly if I may add. It's a constant hassle everyday. Ugh.

    Good Posture

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello everyone,

    I have to ask, why does everyone say Martha is cold, heartless, downright EVIL? (ok, no one says that, but that's the impression I get). I know nothing about her except I noticed she had a tupperware line when I was in K-mart or something. Let me in on the dirt on Martha, people! (Other than her insider-trading escapade, that is.)

    -Gigi, curiously

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anon... I thought of you this morning, when I almost ran into a bus while driving to work

    ReplyDelete

Keep it clean, people!