- مروان خوري - كل القصايد: If you are not moved by this beautiful song, then you are an evil heartless robot and must be destroyed!
- Alphabetical - Phoenix: A rarity in music; a very cool French band from the land where tacky Vegas-style singers pass for serious musicians (see Johnny Halliday, Dalida et al.)
- Hush - LL Cool J: All hip-hop should be this sunny, bouncy and fun. Great for playing in the car too.
- محمد عبدو: A selection of his classics that I copied onto the old iPod. The man is a living legend. It's amazing how the planet's most repressed nation can produce such artistry.
- Little Girl Blue - Janis Joplin: The rock legend cut down in her prime by a heroin overdose in 1970. This is her beautiful rendition of an old Nina Simone song.
And of course, the week wouldn't be complete without a celebration of last week's US election victory for George W. Bush, Green Day's American Idiot is the song I've chosen. Again!