- Lighthouse Family - Goodbye Heartbreak: This one somehow picked me up from my foul mood yesterday. Read the lyrics.
- Jennifer Holliday - Givin' Up: A sad soul/blues classic that appeared on the drive home as if my iPod was reading my mood!
- Stoney - Constantly Running: Amazing fresh rock track from newcomer Stoney; it sounds like it's been around forever.
- Michael Lord - Smile: Another newcomer with a big pop sound. The whole album is pretty good too.
- Amy Winehouse - Frank: Overlooked in my Best of 2004 list, imagine a foul-mouthed Billie Holliday with a hiphop beat. In reality she's a Jewish girl from north London, and any girl who can sing a song called "F**k Me Pumps" is OK with me!
Saturday, January 15, 2005
Playlist January 15-21
They don't call them the "January Blues" for nothing... Feeling a bit blue myself, though I'll spare you the melancholy details. Anyway, here's what caught my attention for this week: