Thursday, April 28, 2005

Playlist April 28 - May 4

Hey y'all... finally got some free time to post something - ANYTHING! - before this blog gets rusty or expires from lack of use!

This week's playlist contains a few "guilty pleasures", i.e. songs that have been out for a while, that I'm not supposed to like but I can't help myself.. I just do!
  1. Feist - Let It Die (album): Canadian newcomer Leslie Feist is the feel-good chill out artist of Summer 2005, even though her album has been out since last year.... Much bettter than all that bland Norah Jones crap you've been listening to!
  2. Kelly Clarkson - Since U Been Gone: So she's an American Idol winner. So what? How can you argue with this kick-ass chorus?!
  3. Mario - Let Me Love You: Saccharine, commercial R&B. It could've been a lot worse, yet it's saved by young Mario's great voice and - more importantly - his restrained singing.
  4. Girls Aloud - Graffiti My Soul: All girl groups should be this deranged. Almost sounds like it was produced by The Prodigy!
  5. Jimi Hendrix Experience - Hey Joe: This week's classic pick is my favorite Hendrix song.... Give her hell Joe! That'll teach the tramp to fool around on her man!

14 comments:

  1. وسع خلقك و اطلع

    عندك مثلا حفله جاز

    http://www.kuwiki.org/index.php?title=The_Kuwait_9th_Jazz_Festival_April_27-29_2005

    ReplyDelete
  2. حبيبي زيدون
    ليغب من يشاء .. لا يهم
    الا انت , ارجوك لا تكررها فموحش كان غيابك

    ReplyDelete
  3. مشكورين يا شباب... من كثر ما كنت مشغول ومتنرفز، انسدت نفسي عن البلوجز

    I am much better now

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, now I know what gets you out of a dark period, Girls Aloud! and you criticize the darkness :P

    Don't think, just blog, makes your life easier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zaydoun!!!!!!!!!
    msn.co.uk!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Mario's song too. It's relaxing. Great to listen to while driving.

    I've been popping in and out of your blog since you started it back when the missiles were flying overhead. I figured it was time to comment. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Z, so glad u put up a playlist! I can;t seem to access or listen to the Feist album, is it cause we have to download the song or just cause I'm retarded?:P

    and p.s. its so funny how i live in canada and have no clue abt these canadian musician eh...i guess i take them for granted!
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Purg.. Predictability is a sin, and you're so damn predictable. Let it go already!

    Sheba... what should I look for?

    FCM... nobody wallah

    Stinni... welcome aboard

    Emirienne.. The playlist is a weekly public service. Check back every Thursday

    ReplyDelete
  9. ok forget the darkness, but GIRLS Aloud! I do not know which is worse, them or the 4-cats.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely the 4 Cats... Dude, I said they were a GUILTY PLEASURE! Which part of that phrase don't you get? We're not debating artistic merit here!

    Thanks Mad M.. it's so sad what he wrote
    عظم الله أجرك يا غسان وعسى الله يصبرك ويصبر أهلك

    ReplyDelete
  11. Besides the Hendrix song, all the songs on the list are guilty pleasures.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Finally he gets it!!

    I bet you didn't even bother to click the links

    ReplyDelete
  13. I never do, I just read quick to see what you listen to.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it clean, people!