- Madonna - Hung Up: She's back with a fun dance track. The ABBA sample sounds cool at first, but then you have to wonder.. does Madonna really need to sample anybody? Shouldn't lesser artists be sampling her?
- Paul Weller - Come On/Let's Go: Finally, Mr. Weller gives up trying to be Sting (i.e. dull) and goes back to energetic rockm showing the young 'uns how its done.
- Franz Ferdinand - You're The Reason I'm Leaving: Scotland's arty rockers are back, and yes I've finally warmed up to them.
- Bob Sinclar - Love Generation: At least I got to hear this one on a beach before summer's end!
- H.I.M. - Wings of a Butterfly: Ice cool Finnish metal rockers with a thing for a dramatic chorus.
For this week's classic pick.. I'm going pop with Waiting For That Day by George Michael. As far as I'm concerned it was all downhill after Listen Without Prejudice, and may I announce right here that I HATED his last album? There.. I said it!!