So with crappy weather outside, and a sort of crappy new cabinet just announced, forget all your troubles with these tunes, double the usual number to make up for the absence:
- يا أطبطب، يا أدلّع - نانسي عجرم: Straight into party mode with the Lebanese sexpot's latest release. Aside from the silly title, it's actually pretty good.
- يا سيدي - أميمة: Out for a while, but a recent discovery for me. A beautiful voice and a flawless song!
- أنا عندي حنين - فيروز: Since I heard it performed on SuperStar I can't get it out of my head. One of Ziad Rahbani's masterpieces before he went all experimental.
- Joss Stone - Treat Me Right (I'm Yours For Life): From the "Desperate Housewives" soundtrack, the girl can do no wrong. Is she ever coming to perform in our region?!
- Morningwood - Nth Degree: What a great name for a band, with a song as trashy as its name! Click here for the video.
- Corinne Baily Rae - Put Your Records On: I should save this one for summer, but it's too good.
- Duncan Sheik - White Limousine: Just the vehicle to take to work if you're a member of the new cabinet, especially a (duncan) sheik.... geddit?
- Sleepy Brown - Me, My Baby and My Cadillac: Or is a Caddie the way to go these days? Old school R&B with a soul brotha vibe
- Dios Malos - Say Anything: Mellow acoustic California pop
- Tina Dico - Far EP: Smoky Danish singer, formerly with Zero 7. Did I mention I'm not boycotting Denmark and that I don't care what anyone thinks?
- Aimee Mann - Wise Up: Dedicated to MP Mohammed Al-Sager who turns out to be a big fan of hers. Who knew?!
- John Legend - Ordinary People: That's us folks.... لا حول لنا ولا قوة
This week's classic is Al Green's Love and Happiness... because really at the end of the day that's what we all want, isn't it?