Saturday, July 17, 2004

Playlist July 17-24

This past week I spent some time on iTunes UK legally downloading some oldies as varied as Little Feat, Human League, James Taylor, Donna Summer and some new stuff like Zero 7 and Jamie Cullum's amazing jazzy version of Pharrell's Frontin'

Otherwise, the only CD I've added to my car player is one I bought in December and then lost and found again a few weeks. Former surfer dude Jack Johnson's On and On is such a cool and mellow record. I actually played it in the middle of a nasty traffic jam, and it had such a calming effect. Everything was alright with the world!
 
But let me tell you about some recent over-hyped releases that left me distinctly unimpressed:
  1. Franz Ferdinand: An arty version of The Strokes. Reeking of pretension.
  2. The Zutons - Who Killed the Zutons? A couple of good songs here, otherwise it's the type of band that makes music critics wet their pants.

4 comments:

  1. I don't know who these are, but you said you wanted someone to comment on your music. If you like techno/electronic/dance, then go to www.jennyfm.net (www.trancefm.de will also get you there) and you will here the world's best electronic/dance music there is, right out of Germany.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My consumption of German products is limited to cars..

    ReplyDelete
  3. And German Chocolate Cake?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait.. I take that back. Is German Chcolate Cake really German? I doubt it.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it clean, people!