- Jamoriquai - 7 Days in Sunny June: Back in top form, Jamiroquai's best single in years could be heard all over London, day and night. My favorite song of this summer and an instant classic.
- خذني معك - مروان خوري: The genius Lebanese composer returns with another beautiful song. The man can do no wrong!
- Supafly vs. Fishbowl - Lets Get Down: A Marley-sounding vocal gives this simple dance hit an extra dose of "beach".
- Jem - Wish I: Ridiculously catchy summer pop, with steel drums too!
- Death Cab For Cutie - Summer Skin: Don't let the band name put you off. This is a truly beautiful "end of summer" song.
- Longview - Further: My taste for epic British pop/rock ballads with soaring choruses shows no sign of diminishing.
- A Studio - SOS (Skylark Club Mix): A mindless, monster club hit. Only sounds good on a massive speaker system.
- ورقو الأصفر - فيروز : A perfect September song, ورقو الأصفر.... شهر أيلول تحت الشبابيك
It's been a while since I awarded a song the "Dishonorable Mention" prize for being so downright awful and offensive to human ears. Ricky Martin's latest song called "I Don't Care" is the unfortunate winner this time round. Apparently he "doesn't care" that it's the worst thing anyone has sung in years!
Two classic picks this week: Earth, Wind and Fire's "September" is an obvious choice and a great R&B classic. And in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, this week's classic rock pick can only be Led Zeppelin's "When The Levee Breaks", which could either be perfectly suited for the occasion or highly inappropriate.